Mountie sports, but not exclusively.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Plax's 2 year sentence


















This morning Plaxico Burress of the New York Giants was sentenced to two years in prison followed by two years supervised release for criminal gun possession.




I'm not going to act like I know the laws of New York, but it is a sad day in the sports world and a sad story to tell.





The poor guy shot himself in the leg in a night club and is now going to serve two years for it. I can't even imagine how Burress must have felt when hugging his family for the last time before heading to serve his time.





I can't even imagine what he's thinking, going to jail for shooting himself.





He shouldn't have put himself in that position, but life is coming at him fast now. He went from Superbowl hero to criminal.





Just last night, my buddy and I went old school and pulled out the Madden '08. He picked the Giants, and now that I think of it, coincedentally I played with the Michael Vick Falcons!(Wow. that literally just hit me) He was torching me with Burress and I did the same to him with Vick. It's sad how two talented young athletes can have their careers altered by bad decisions.





I wish Burress the best. It's sad how a small incident can be life changing. Good luck, and hope to see you in Madden 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

Blog Buddies

About Me

My photo
Former Editor-in-Chief for the Mt. SAC online newspaper, Mountiewire.com. I love all sports, so I'm really going to write about whatever sports topic interests me. If you're looking for stats, look for a stat sheet. If you're looking for game stories, read the Times. This is an interesting perspective on interesting stories. Period.