Mountie sports, but not exclusively.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fangupo out for the season


Sources say that USC defensive lineman and former Mountie Hebron "Loni" Fangupo, suffered a broken ankle in last Saturday's game against Washington State. He will be out for the remainder of the 2009 season, will have to wear a protective boot and is using crutches.

I really thought Loni would be able to get through this, but you don't want to risk putting his career in jeopardy. He's a tough player but that injury looked really nasty. I'm glad it's not anything career ending. The position he was in was just asking for a back injury.

I wish you the best, Loni and hope you can "fight on" next year and continue creating chapters in your life story.

1 comment:

  1. Darn. Sad to hear. What about the runner back? With the weight lifting accident?

    ReplyDelete

Counter

Blog Buddies

About Me

My photo
Former Editor-in-Chief for the Mt. SAC online newspaper, Mountiewire.com. I love all sports, so I'm really going to write about whatever sports topic interests me. If you're looking for stats, look for a stat sheet. If you're looking for game stories, read the Times. This is an interesting perspective on interesting stories. Period.