Mountie sports, but not exclusively.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mounties soccer this friday

The Mountie men's soccer team play this weekend against Richmond. Game time is at 7 p.m. After a tie game against Taft where the Mounties had plenty of chances to put the game away, they won their first game pretty easily last Sunday against Oxnard.
A win tomorrow gets them into the tournament championship and it'll get them off to a great start this year.
The soccer team went all the way to State last year and had a finish to the season that while admirable, I'd rather not get into.
Ok, so we got killed by Cerritos 4 times last year, but this year we should win at least one game against them. Other than that stain on the season, they had an amazing year with tons of exciting highlights.
A lot of the sophomores who made huge contributions last year, like, Spencer Jones and Tony Camacho are back this year, and I think they're worth a look. Combined with the new guys coming in, there's potential for another run at the state championship this year.
If anyone is interested in watching a fun, fast-paced sporting event at Mt. SAC, this would be a good game to check out.

1 comment:

  1. man I wont be able to make it to this one because I will be covering HS football but I hope they win!

    ReplyDelete

Counter

Blog Buddies

About Me

My photo
Former Editor-in-Chief for the Mt. SAC online newspaper, Mountiewire.com. I love all sports, so I'm really going to write about whatever sports topic interests me. If you're looking for stats, look for a stat sheet. If you're looking for game stories, read the Times. This is an interesting perspective on interesting stories. Period.