Mountie sports, but not exclusively.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Loni goes down


Those of you who missed the USC vs. Washington State game tonight, missed Hebron "Loni" Fangupo, the pride of Mt. SAC go down in agony.

Loni made a tackle inside and was caught in an awkward position. As he came down, five trojans landed on top of him as he twisted backward like when playing limbo.

In the position he was in it looked like it might be a back injury, but my guess is that it's his shoulder that he injured last season.

One of the strongest men I've had the pleasure of interviewing was down on the field, thriving in pain as the medical staff came to assist him. After a commercial break, he was still down as they soon after carted him off the field.

Loni, being the warrior that he is, stood upright and signaled to the crowd "fight on."


It was horrible to watch, but knowing Loni, he will come back and fight on. Playing for USC was his dream and I know he will not let this deter him from living out his dream.

I will keep you guys posted whenever I hear word of his progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

Blog Buddies

About Me

My photo
Former Editor-in-Chief for the Mt. SAC online newspaper, Mountiewire.com. I love all sports, so I'm really going to write about whatever sports topic interests me. If you're looking for stats, look for a stat sheet. If you're looking for game stories, read the Times. This is an interesting perspective on interesting stories. Period.