Mountie sports, but not exclusively.

Friday, October 9, 2009

This is my town




So I think it is safe to say that tonight's Dodger game was by far the best game I have ever been to!

The Dodgers beat out the Ariz.. I mean the St. Louis Cardinals 3-2 in a 9th inning thriller that I can guarantee no one in the stadium, nor anyone who left in the 8th will ever forget.

I went to the 12 inning game where Ethier hit the game winning home run, and although I was only at 8 and a half innings of the historic four home run game, I still want to say this one topped them all!

Dodgers were down 2-1, two outs in the 9th and it was all down to James Loney. He hit a shot to Matt Holiday and the almost deflated until the ball hit Holiday in the nether region and fell to the ground as he did! The Cards want to blame us for waving white towels in the wedding cake that is Dodger Stadium, but we were waving them the whole game so no crying.

Loney got to second and had Juan Pierre run for him, then Casey Blake had a nerve wrecking at-bat where he kept fouling the ball to the backstop before finally earning a walk.

You could feel the electricity in the stadium and everyone had to be thinking, "If you can just get a hit anywhere, pierre will score." and Ronnie Belliard complied to tie the game.

After Russel Martin walked, Mark Loretta came in to pinch hit. At this point I was thinking, "Ok we can probably win this in extra innings." Loretta had different plans as he shot a blooper into center as Blake ran in for the game-winning run.

I've never heard Dodger Stadium so loud. I was screaming my brains out, waving my towel and high fiving everyone within a 10 foot radius! Those who stayed experienced an amazing game. The first Dodger playoff walk-off since Kirk Gibson's historic home run in '88.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

Blog Buddies

About Me

My photo
Former Editor-in-Chief for the Mt. SAC online newspaper, Mountiewire.com. I love all sports, so I'm really going to write about whatever sports topic interests me. If you're looking for stats, look for a stat sheet. If you're looking for game stories, read the Times. This is an interesting perspective on interesting stories. Period.