Mountie sports, but not exclusively.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

L.A. football stadium: The Governator signs




The Associated Press reported that California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Thursday that he signed a bill to allow Majestic Realty Co. to build an NFL football stadium in City of Industry.

The environmental exemption bill, which seemed to be the last hurdle to clear has been approved by Arnold. It's headlining ESPN so after all the road blocks, it seems that this might be it.

I highly doubt that the fight against the stadium by surrounding cities will end, but it really looks like Ed Roski's dream is finally coming to fruition.

I won't believe it until I see it being built for myself (which I probably will try to go check out soon)

Get ready L.A. THIS IS AS CLOSE AS IT'S BEEN. YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE YEARS. SERIOUSLY!

1 comment:

Counter

Blog Buddies

About Me

My photo
Former Editor-in-Chief for the Mt. SAC online newspaper, Mountiewire.com. I love all sports, so I'm really going to write about whatever sports topic interests me. If you're looking for stats, look for a stat sheet. If you're looking for game stories, read the Times. This is an interesting perspective on interesting stories. Period.