Mountie sports, but not exclusively.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kornheiser fights a Storm





ESPN suspended Tony Kornheiser the lovable co-host of "PTI" for two weeks for clowning on SportsCenter anchor Hannah Storm last week.

"Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today," Kornheiser said. "She’s got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt … way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now.

"She’s got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body … I know she’s very good, and I’m not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won’t … but Hannah Storm … come on now! Stop! What are you doing?"

The nutty old man who dons giant Ms. Cleo prop hats and a goatee begging for Just for Men gel has the audacity to make fun of Hannah Storm? (Hey, I don't work for ESPN. I'll describe him however I want.)

Of course Kornheiser apologized personally. He'll be back with Mike Wilbon in time to rant about March Madness.

"If you put a live microphone in front of somebody, eventually that person will say something wrong," Kornheiser said. "This was one of the times I said something wrong."

I'll keep that quote in mind if I ever do radio.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

Blog Buddies

About Me

My photo
Former Editor-in-Chief for the Mt. SAC online newspaper, Mountiewire.com. I love all sports, so I'm really going to write about whatever sports topic interests me. If you're looking for stats, look for a stat sheet. If you're looking for game stories, read the Times. This is an interesting perspective on interesting stories. Period.